- 1 Economics A commodity or service that is provided without profit to all members of a society, either by the government or a private individual or organization: a conviction that library informational services are a public good, not a commercial commodityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The responsibility of corporate executives, politicians, and officials for ensuring that private and public goods and services are safe is practically never enforced in court.
- They are also protesting the commodification of public goods and services, like water, electricity and garbage collection.
- We understand our roles in providing public goods and services and stabilising the economy when the private sector is in crisis.
- 2The benefit or well-being of the public: the public good clearly demands independent actionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If they are able to easily calculate how their choices benefit the public good, they most often make choices that do so.
- However, sometimes the only benefit is to the public good, and even that is no small thing.
- With silence, charity will fail both itself and the broader public good.
Más definiciones de public goodDefinición de public good en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional