The period of about six weeks after childbirth during which the mother’s reproductive organs return to their original nonpregnant condition.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Common predisposing factors that require prophylaxis include surgery, immobilisation, pregnancy and the puerperium, and oral contraception.
- Cognitive therapy and supportive strategies are strongly encouraged to help reduce or replace medication in patients who experience depression during pregnancy and the puerperium.
- A significant trend to higher stage of disease was present with diagnosis later in pregnancy and the puerperium.
early 17th century: from Latin, from puerperus 'parturient' (from puer 'child' + -parus 'bearing').
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I told her about my fears of a puerperal relapse.
- It is used for inflammation, idiopathic or traumatic, or puerperal septicemia or puerperal convulsions.
- An indigenous midwifery tradition never developed, and rates of infant mortality and puerperal infections are high.
Definición de puerperium en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional