Definición de puerperium en inglés:
The period of about six weeks after childbirth during which the mother’s reproductive organs return to their original nonpregnant condition.
- Common predisposing factors that require prophylaxis include surgery, immobilisation, pregnancy and the puerperium, and oral contraception.
- Cognitive therapy and supportive strategies are strongly encouraged to help reduce or replace medication in patients who experience depression during pregnancy and the puerperium.
- A significant trend to higher stage of disease was present with diagnosis later in pregnancy and the puerperium.
early 17th century: from Latin, from puerperus 'parturient' (from puer 'child' + -parus 'bearing').
- Example sentences
- I told her about my fears of a puerperal relapse.
- It is used for inflammation, idiopathic or traumatic, or puerperal septicemia or puerperal convulsions.
- An indigenous midwifery tradition never developed, and rates of infant mortality and puerperal infections are high.
Definición de puerperium en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan