Definición de punctuation en inglés:
1The marks, such as period, comma, and parentheses, used in writing to separate sentences and their elements and to clarify meaning.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I've never liked putting closing punctuation inside quotation marks.
- However, the reverse is not true: if a spoken text is written down, the position of many tone-group boundaries cannot be marked by punctuation.
- The comma thing does make me aware how much I use punctuation in general and commas specifically for intonation in my writing.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- How private worry about hyphens or apostrophes will so often turn a person into a punctuational avenging marauder, a ruthless grammatical Genghis Khan.
- Please do not print this letter in your magazine. I do not wish for my, how you say, inelegant grammar, odd punctuational choices, and inadequate vocabulary to be snickered at by your discerning readership.
- If lineages can be found, that is evidence for gradualistic evolution; if lineages cannot be found, then that is evidence for punctuational evolution. ‘Heads we win; tails you lose’!
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda