Definición de punctum en inglés:
sustantivo (plural puncta /-tə/)technical
1A small, distinct point.
- Barthes writes, ‘However lightning-like it may be, the punctum has, more or less potentially, a power of expansion.’
- In view of the history of recurring meningitis, search of the child's skin then showed a small punctum in the back of the neck.
- For Barthes, the catastrophe is unavoidable because time obliterates the punctum, or small space, registered in the photograph.
1.1 Anatomy The opening of a tear duct.
- Goins explained that each eyelid has one punctum, a tiny opening that drains tears away from the eye.
- This incision is made on the medial aspect of the puncta and anterior to the lacrimal duct probes.
- This serves to elevate the lower lid and reposition the lacrimal punctum with significant improvement in tear drainage and distribution.
late 16th century (figuratively, denoting a point): from Latin, literally 'a point'.
Definición de punctum en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan