Definición de puparium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural puparia /-ˈpe(ə)rēə/)Entomology
1The hardened last larval skin that encloses the pupa in some insects, especially higher diptera.
- When maggots have completed their development they convert their last larval skin into a puparium, a hardened shell within which the pupa develops.
- Adult males emerge from their puparia and fly off to inseminate a female through the brood canal opening in her cephalothorax.
- Parasitized fly puparia were shipped from the rearing laboratory to Kauai, Hawaii, where the puparia were placed in 30 x 30 x 30 cm wood and screen cages containing water and undiluted honey.
1.1A pupa enclosed in a puparium.
- I also found a couple black tenebrionid beetles hiding under debris and the empty puparium of a fly.
- Adult female parasites lay an egg on the fly pupa within the puparium.
- Whereas natives must feed to develop their eggs, T. zealandicus wasps have eggs when they emerge from the fly puparium as adult females.
Definición de puparium en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan