- 1Not mixed or adulterated with any other substance or material: cars can run on pure alcohol the jacket was pure woolMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All of these markets have exacting requirements for pure uncontaminated raw material.
- The Hantex showroom has a big collection of kasavu saris, dhotis, furnishing materials as well as pure cotton products at affordable prices.
- This tactile, sensual experience was made more poignant by the knowledge that these substances were pure, unalloyed, irreducible.
- 1.1Without any extraneous and unnecessary elements: the romantic notion of pure art devoid of social responsibilityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Although not pure art deco, its houses incorporated many of the elements of the style and large whitewashed villas now grace the south side.
- But, of the pieces I've seen, the pure graphic element doesn't do much on a gut level for me, at least not yet.
- When light passes through a spectroscope it breaks into bands of unique colors that represent pure elements.
- 1.2Free of any contamination: the pure, clear waters of MontanaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Valerie and Noel Trezise will offer you a wide range of pure sweet natural honey free of additives or preservatives.
- He fought tenaciously for pure water, clean air, and the free use of condoms on the NHS.
- Where is the crystal clear, pure, unpolluted water that once characterized the river as well as most shallow wells in the area?
- 1.3Wholesome and untainted by immorality, especially that of a sexual nature: our fondness for each other is pure and innocentMás ejemplos en oraciones
virtuous, moral, ethical, good, righteous, saintly, honorable, reputable, wholesome, clean, honest, upright, upstanding, exemplary, irreproachable; chaste, virginal, maidenly; decent, worthy, noble, blameless, guiltless, spotless, unsullied, uncorrupted, undefiled• informal squeaky clean
- From this standpoint, rural people and their culture represent a negation of everything that is wholesome and pure about nature.
- Though he was not stupid, nor naïve, I told myself that he was like a child, ears, heart and mind pure and untainted with the thought of bloodshed and abuse.
- Children are just the best thing there ever can be, the essence of innocence, their pure little hearts and minds not yet infected by our corrupt cold world.
- 1.4(Of a sound) perfectly in tune and with a clear tone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The width of the bore and the large diameter of the tone holes gives it a strong, pure sound, invaluable to the military band and to the swing and dance big bands.
- Intent upon moving beyond notes and creating pure sound, he borrowed from African, Indian, and Middle Eastern sources.
- Each section was totally integrated, the sounds were pure and precise.
- 1.5(Of an animal or plant) of unmixed origin or descent: the pure Charolais is white or light wheat in the coatMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Iceland has these pure-bred horses that haven't changed in 900 years.
- Xiao Yan's favorite pet is a pure-bred cat, which she purchased for 16,000 RMB. ‘Each month, I have to spend a few hundred dollars on essential care for the cat,’ she said.
- The 28 student judges identified 16 matches out of the 25 pure-bred dogs, but they could not match mixed-breed dogs and their masters.
- 1.6(Of a subject of study) dealing with abstract concepts and not practical application: a theoretical discipline such as pure physics Compare with applied.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I believe in both the pure research & practical application of encryption theory.
- It was a platform both for engineering and systems development studies and for pure scientific research.
- I tend to think that the separation of application and pure research is the hallmark of poor ethics.
- 1.7 Phonetics (Of a vowel) not joined with another to form a diphthong.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You will sound fairly good if your teacher's modeling elicits a free sound that is well-focused on pure vowels.
- While "pure" vowels, or monophthongs, are said to have one target tongue position, diphthongs have two target tongue positions.
- There are 14 pure [uncombined] vowels in English.
- 1.8 [attributive] Involving or containing nothing else but; sheer (used for emphasis): a shout of pure anger an outcome that may be a matter of pure chanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And what he saw to his sheer amazement was pure anger.
- Two escapees once stumbled upon the oasis by a sheer chance and pure luck, thus becoming the parents of the somber population.
- It's way more punk, way more lyrical, but more than all, it's rooted in despair and sheer rage and pure joy in celebrating humanity.
pure and simple
- And nothing else (used for emphasis): it was revenge, pure and simpleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- What is now a tolerable sweep into disputed territory would be denounced in the U.N. as invasion pure and simple.
- This is not a war of ideas, but a one-sided game where liberals allow the right to get away with anything pure and simple.
- Patents serve the research and development strategies of big corporations, pure and simple.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He sings with a clarity, a pureness, that is so very human.
- Arguably, one could hardly have improved on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, with its weight, pureness of timbre, and intrinsic sympathy for the material.
- He has a pureness about him that I wish more people had.
Middle English: from Old French pur 'pure', from Latin purus.