Definición de putty en inglés:
1A soft, malleable, grayish-yellow paste, made from whiting and raw linseed oil, that hardens after a few hours and is used chiefly for sealing glass panes in wooden window frames.
- You can fill in nail holes with wood putty before sanding if you are not planning to stain the wood.
- When dry, fill the nail holes with a non-oily wood filler for natural finishes, or putty if the wood is to be painted.
- Spackle is a soft, white, premixed material that's about the consistency of soft putty.
1.1 [usually with modifier] Any of a number of malleable substances similar to putty used inside and outside buildings, e.g., plumber’s putty, or used for modeling or casting.
- Apply a bead of plumber's putty (not caulk) on the underside of the flange on the drain to seal it with the sink.
- The mortar mix used for the vintage building consisted of a Portland cement-slacked lime putty created by mixing cement and lime.
- The basket strainer should be packed with plumber's putty and pushed firmly down into place.
verbo (putties, puttying, puttied)[with object] Volver al principio
Seal or cover (something) with putty.
- Fastener locations are often easy to find, even if the nail heads have been puttied over.
- These ships leave a small gap between the old jamb and the new strip, which can be puttied and painted to match.
- The masonry surface may need to be prepared by sandblasting, application of a primer, and puttying.
mid 17th century: from French potée, literally 'potful', from pot 'pot'.
Definición de putty en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan