Definición de pyramid en inglés:
- The ancient Egyptians used the pyramids as tombs for the pharaohs and temples for their gods.
- How were ancient peoples able to construct monumental Egyptian pyramids in an age devoid of the tools of modern technology?
- The overall appearance of this part of the block slightly resembles a stepped pyramid.
- Designed by Georgi Stoilov, it is shaped as an inverted pyramid, each of the six floors protruding above the lower one.
- The book says you can also shape them in little pyramids like French bakeries sometimes do.
- A raised pyramid roof and cricket ball-proof windows will offer sweeping views over the parkland.
- Volumes of solids such as prisms, pyramids, tetrahedrons, wedges, cylinders and truncated cones are calculated.
- Such a solid is sometimes called a Heronian tetrahedron or a perfect pyramid.
- A hedge trimmed into a reverse pyramid shape will become sparse at the bottom from lack of light.
- The cortical tissue in the area between the medullary pyramids constitutes the renal columns of Bertin.
- Corticospinal and corticobulbar fibers descend in large bundles at this level, destined for the pyramids of the medulla oblongata.
- The surgical section covers incision and approaches for septal surgery, together with surgery of the pyramid, globule, turbinates and nasal cavity.
- Achieving the upper levels of the pyramid requires social and political action.
- The majority of women still work at the lower levels of the economic pyramid.
- When there is enormous economic scarcity on the bottom of the social pyramid, pluralism can undo democracy.
- This diversity leads to the beauty of the investment pyramid.
- If the main inducement to customers is their own future profits, then MLM has become a pyramid system.
- So, take a leaf out of Warren's book and use the stock market - not financial pyramid schemes - to make you wealthier.
verbo[with object] chiefly North American Volver al principio
- This allowed them to inflate, to pyramid deposits and loans on a smaller and smaller base of gold.
- So they feed their bonds to the central bank and use the proceeds to pyramid in commodities, causing prices to rise.
- Worse still, they will buy more, expecting that nice back-wind from the Fed to make pyramiding risk-free.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ruppert and Huston instituted a pyramidal front office structure that proved successful.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And they have to accept that we have a pyramidical hierarchical structure.
- ‘Art is a very pyramidical profession, so only a few at the very top are actually fixed up - maybe like Douglas [Gordon],’ he says.
- There is a whole branch of the publishing industry devoted to meeting this hunger for pyramidical.
Late Middle English (in the geometric sense): via Latin from Greek puramis, puramid-, of unknown ultimate origin.
The word pyramid was first used in English in the geometrical sense. It came via Latin from Greek puramis, which also meant a type of cake. This is taken by some to be the earlier sense, the geometrical sense arising from a resemblance in shape. An Egyptian origin is now generally rejected. Pediment (late 16th century) for the triangular upper part of a building was formerly written as periment and may be an alteration of pyramid.
Palabras que riman con pyramidMacDiarmid • crannied
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.