Definición de pyruvic acid en inglés:
A yellowish organic acid that occurs as an intermediate in many metabolic processes, especially glycolysis.
- Pyruvate is the ‘salt’ of pyruvic acid - a product formed during the aerobic breakdown of glucose.
- The breakdown of glycogen, the formation of pyruvic acid and hydrogen ions are represented by the tap.
- During glycolysis, a glucose molecule is split to form two molecules of pyruvic acid.
- Example sentences
- This is similar to previous observations with another FAD-dependent enzyme, pyruvate oxidase.
- The medium was supplemented with uridine and pyruvate as described by King and Attardi.
- The reaction was started by the addition of pyruvate kinase, the final volume being 0.5 ml.
Definición de pyruvic acid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan