Definición de pyruvic acid en inglés:
A yellowish organic acid that occurs as an intermediate in many metabolic processes, especially glycolysis.
- Pyruvate is the ‘salt’ of pyruvic acid - a product formed during the aerobic breakdown of glucose.
- The breakdown of glycogen, the formation of pyruvic acid and hydrogen ions are represented by the tap.
- During glycolysis, a glucose molecule is split to form two molecules of pyruvic acid.
- Example sentences
- This is similar to previous observations with another FAD-dependent enzyme, pyruvate oxidase.
- The medium was supplemented with uridine and pyruvate as described by King and Attardi.
- The reaction was started by the addition of pyruvate kinase, the final volume being 0.5 ml.
Definición de pyruvic acid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan