1Relating to, measuring, or measured by the quantity of something rather than its quality: quantitative analysis Often contrasted with qualitative.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet this is in many ways a quantitative rather than a qualitative distinction.
- Evaluation may involve subjective and objective measures and qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- That may be appropriate, but using these qualitative data for quantitative statistics is fraught with difficulty.
1.1Denoting or relating to verse whose meter is based on the length of syllables, as in Latin, as opposed to the stress, as in English.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most critical studies evaluate Campions place in and contribution to the movement to create English quantitative verse.
- The rhythms of both Greek and Latin poetry are based on the quantitative length of syllables, not on stress accent as are English rhythms.
- Later European languages, in admiration of Greek and Roman poetry with their quantitative meters, have often tried to replicate the musical character of ancient verse.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'having magnitude or spatial extent'): from medieval Latin quantitativus, from Latin quantitas (see quantity).
Definición de quantitative en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda