Definición de quartan en inglés:
Denoting a mild form of malaria causing a fever that recurs every third day: quartan fever
- Quartan malaria (or quartan ague) is caused by infection with Plasmodium malariae. Compare with tertian
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the criminal had a quartan fever, Fallopius wished to investigate the effects of opium on the paroxysms.
- He suffered for about eighteen months from the quartan fever which is a fever which recurs at approximately 72-hour intervals.
- I had a quartan ague which held me foure or five months, and had altogether disvisaged and altered my countenance, yet my mind held ever out, not onely peaceably but pleasantly…
late Middle English: from Latin (febris) quartana, based on quartus 'fourth' (because, by inclusive reckoning, the fever recurs every fourth day).
Definición de quartan en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan