- 1Each of four equal groups into which a population can be divided according to the distribution of values of a particular variable.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Children in the upper quartile of the blood-lead-concentration distribution donated another blood sample in February 1993.
- White women were older, smoked more, and were less likely to have dietary calcium intakes in the lowest quartile of distribution than black and Hispanic women.
- The school is one of several elementary schools within a district that is in the bottom quartile when fourth grade standardized test scores and passage rates are compared throughout the state.
- 1.1Each of the three values of the random variable that divide a population into four groups.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Every measurement was first divided by its plate's quartile and then multiplied by the average quartile of the respective experiment.
- Simple quartiles cannot be defined in interval variables unless their boundaries chance to fall at interval boundaries.
- We calculate medians and quartiles of the age at leaving home by sex and race, using a fitted curve derived from a logit regression model.
late 19th century: from medieval Latin quartilis, from Latin quartus 'fourth'.
Más definiciones de quartileDefinición de quartile en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional