Definición de queen en inglés:
- She became a queen and gave birth to a future queen, and in the process became beloved by the British people.
- Only 30% favour having a king or queen who inherits the position for life.
- In the 1840s, the Ardverikie Estate was leased by the Duke of Abercorn, a senior aide to Prince Albert, the queen's husband.
- The impressive scale of this escort was designed to convey an unmistakable message about the status and importance of those who were to be accompanied, namely the queen consort of the King of Scotland and England and the royal children.
- Salomon, the eldest, arrived first, around 1607, and his earliest works were for the queen consort, Anne of Denmark.
- Before departing, the king directed that his queen consort should follow him to London within about twenty days.
- Sunday was family day and the best-dressed lady was selected from the many queens of fashion that paraded the latest styles throughout the course.
- In the studio the Eastenders cast will get makeovers from fashion queens Trinny and Susannah as part of a What Not To Wear special.
- Also, since you've been called the queen of fantasy romance, i could use any pointers you have!
- Jill's post about this, and her analogy to the unpopular girl winning homecoming queen, made me want to go and vote.
- Two vintage cars, owned by Mr Mchugh, carried the carnival queen and the mayor.
- Leanne has had her heart set on becoming the carnival queen for a number of years and was really delighted.
- As far as movement, he's as versatile as the queen piece on a chess board.
- On move 20, the two players liquidated their queens and after swapping pieces in the next 10 moves, they were almost in a balanced position.
- After the queens came off on move 40, Korchnoi was left with 6 pawns to Galliamova's knight and 2 soldiers.
- You should generally try to avoid playing aces, kings, queens and jacks except when capturing or building with them.
- A Kirby is often used when a player has many trumps, or cards above the value of queens (kings and Aces).
- The object is to take tricks containing aces, 10s, kings, queens and jacks.
- We present data on reproductive partitioning among queens in the ant Leptothorax rugatulus with special emphasis on relatedness and body size.
- Mound densities were 33 percent less in sites with the parasitic ant, and the number of fire ant queens was 47 percent less in parasitized colonies.
- But in an unusual role reversal, paper wasp queens beg their young for a meal.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Formerly the Queen of the Groucho Club, she now spends more time queening it over Brighton where she lives.
- Her in-laws irked her, and she tried to queen it over them, with results resembling the outcome likely to have occurred if Isabella of Castile had issued edicts in a church hall on bingo night.
- I've no element of self-loathing but I do realise that part of my success is just me showing off, and wanting to queen it over other people, to be frank with you.
- A Slav drawn in 22 moves after a short burst of excitement where Kramnik gave up his queen, then queened a pawn to re-establish material equality.
- Both players queened a pawn after 56 moves, but Korchnoi managed to check and grab the knight leaving him up 2 passed pawns, and Galliamova resigned after 64 moves.
- Winning one more pawn, Saravanan never looked back and closed in on his opponent in a rook-bishop-knight ending by queening his pawn.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Baron of Bunkum - the best source for dross and drivel in the queendom!
- Before she danced and sang her way to pop queendom, Madonna attended which university?
- ‘Most would have been monumentally crestfallen to have queendom stolen away from them,’ he said.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This will give an indication of how queen-like the anarchistic worker-laid eggs are, because the viability of worker-laid and queen-laid eggs are similar, so any differences in persistence will be the result of egg removal.
- Ovaries were assigned categorical scores from zero (no visible oocyte development, filamentous) to three (fully developed, queen-like ovaries).
- Gillot in Colerique, with sharp movements and hot temper, was in her elements and led the company on to the finale with a queen-like authority.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But the chess queen's fascinating history calls for a more nuanced understanding of queenship, if such an institution existed, of the interaction of symbol and meaning and of the complex interplay of historical change.
- Caesar receives Antony's schoolmaster, sent with terms for peace: continuing queenship for Cleopatra, and a private life in either Alexandria or Athens for Antony.
- That the queenship is vacant, that Esther meets the standards for being elected, is indeed taken to the court, and pleases the king, are but a few of the many coincidences that lead to the salvation of the Jews.
The Old English spelling of queen was cwēn. This originally meant ‘a wife’, specifically that of a king or some other important man. Related to cwēn was Old English cwene ‘woman’, which became the archaic quean, ‘a bold or impudent woman’, sometimes encountered in Shakespeare's work. In the 16th and 17th centuries it was also a term for a prostitute. Because the two words came to be pronounced in the same way the derogatory sense dropped out of use as too confusing. The sense of queen ‘an effeminate gay man’ dates from the beginning of the 20th century.
Palabras que riman con queenAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.