Definición de query en inglés:
sustantivo (plural queries)
- His second query concerned the request from residents, whose property faces onto the Fairgreen at the rear, to have a footpath installed behind their houses.
- Those who have a query, are seeking information or wish to register a complaint and are unsure whom to contact, may call the North West
- The station now has more staff to deal with queries and give out information and there are 15 CCTV cameras operating 24 hours-a-day to help ensure passenger safety.
- In the event he failed a fitness test on the Friday prior to the game but in any event he would have been prevented from playing following a query from Carlow regarding his eligibility.
- The accounts also reveal that the company has dismissed its accountants following queries about GEEC's ability to continue as a going concern.
- He was quick to respond to the query whether script writing can be taught theoretically.
verbo (queries, querying, queried)[reporting verb] Volver al principio
- ‘I'll be querying whether these new revelations relate to matters that should be declared under the ministerial code,’ said Theresa May, shadow leader of the house.
- Two residents from Bridge End Cottages had written to Settle Town Council querying whether the football field was the right location, but the council has yet to discuss the letter.
- Replays showed Jayawardene took the low catch on the half-volley and home umpire Asoka de Silva referred to square-leg colleague Dave Orchard to query whether the catch had been taken cleanly.
- And after querying a few people on the subject, I learned that there had been a recent death in the family.
- We recently have sent out questionnaire to query our Japanese readers about their reactions to our magazine and products.
- She's been watching things from there, querying military leaders there about how this fits into the overall tactics and strategies for the U.S.
question from Late Middle English:
This comes via Old French from Latin quaerere ‘ask, seek’. Also from quaerere are query (mid 17th century) an anglicized form of the Latin quaere, ‘Ask!’ used in the 16th century in English as a verb in the sense ‘enquire’; quest (Late Middle English); and inquest.
Palabras que riman con querybeery, bleary, cheery, dearie, dreary, Dun Laoghaire, eerie, eyrie (US aerie), Kashmiri, leery, peri, praemunire, smeary, teary, theory, weary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.