Definición de quicksilver en inglés:
1The liquid metal mercury.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mercury has long been known also by the name quicksilver, because it is a silver liquid.
- It is the secret, the mystery of quicksilver, that a metal of such enormous density can yet remain liquid.
- California exported nearly all its silver to Asian markets, as well as much of its quicksilver [mercury], which was a key new element in improving the extraction of precious metals from ore.
1.1Used in similes and metaphors to describe something that moves or changes very quickly, or that is difficult to hold or contain: his mood changed like quicksilver
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They view political power as a quicksilver that is always everywhere at once in society, and therefore nowhere in particular.
- Ed Blackwell plays it straight for the most part, with only occasional flashes of the quicksilver rhythmic trickery he excelled at.
- Although Merlis' prose remains as fluid as quicksilver, the narrative thrust progressively dwindles as Joel's quixotic journey nears its end.
Definición de quicksilver en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda