- Inflammation of the throat, especially an abscess in the region of the tonsils.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Penicillin V may reduce the development of streptococcal sequelae, such as quinsy, scarlet fever, or impetigo
- I examined him flat on the bed: the pharynx was a little red, but there was no quinsy or obvious swelling, and no cervical lymphadenopathy.
- Our trial was not designed to study whether penicillin would prevent quinsy or peritonsillar cellulitis.
Middle English: from Old French quinencie, from medieval Latin quinancia, from Greek kunankhē 'canine quinsy', from kun- 'dog' + ankhein 'throttle'.
Más definiciones de quinsyDefinición de quinsy en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional