Definición de quoin en inglés:
1An external angle of a wall or building.
- In such cases bands, columns, lintels, sills, jambs, quoins, water tables, medallions, capstones, and copings were wrought of the stone quite often repeating the coloration of the stone used in the steps or foundation.
- Granite quoins, steps, archways and many other building materials including ancient oak beams from the original priory, were used in the construction of the manor in 1810.
- Brick allows you to personalize the look of your home with elegant detailing, such as arches and quoins, different bond patterns and special shapes.
1.1 (also quoin stone) Any of the stones or bricks forming an external angle of a wall or building; a cornerstone.
- Construction is of rendered rubble walls, with brick features around window and door openings, brick quoins and a pitched slated roof.
- Probably of about 1020, this rises in four stages, with long-and-short quoins at the corners and stone pilaster strips dividing it vertically; similar stone strips provide round-arched and lozenge-shaped decoration.
- The stripwork and the quoins are all rebated and stand proud of the stone infill to allow external plaster work to fill in between the strips.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Middle English: variant of coin, used earlier in the sense 'cornerstone' and 'wedge'.
Definición de quoin en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan