Definición de radicle en inglés:
1The part of a plant embryo that develops into the primary root.
- A caryopsis was considered germinated when the radicle pierced the seed coat, approximately 10 h after the start of imbibition.
- Of seeds that produced radicles, epicotyls emerged in 100% of them following 12 wk of cold stratification and subsequent movement to warmer temperatures.
- Each week, the leaves were lifted, and seeds with an emerged radicle were counted as germinated and removed from the flats.
late 17th century: from Latin radicula, diminutive of radix, radic- 'root'.
- ( Anatomy )Example sentences
- Direct injection of fibrocartilage into these vessels during episodes of increased pressure, with retrograde travel into a radicular artery, may explain emboli seen in younger patients.
- Also, Lagrimini et al. have shown that overexpression of an anionic peroxidase in roots results in a significant decrease in radicular system development and in enhanced plant wilting.
- Finally, a neurovascular examination should be performed to rule out referred pain secondary to radicular symptoms or vascular causes.
Definición de radicle en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan