- 1A person who attempts to cause rain to fall, either by rituals or by a scientific technique such as seeding clouds with crystals.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There's not all that much to love about rainy days unless you're a droughty farmer or rainmaker, but we're neither, yet we love rainy days and get lots of them.
- The region was in the grip of a fearful drought and since news of my recent success as a rainmaker had reached them, they wanted me to go there and perform my magical rain dance.
- I suggest they position a Sioux rainmaker at every track to ensure a good downpour during the race.
- 2North American • informal A person who generates income for a business or organization by brokering deals or attracting clients or funds.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other investment banks are also rearranging themselves so that a new breed of rainmaker can emerge in the City.
- As a senior partner and co-chairman at Goldman Sachs, he was a campaign finance rainmaker, and that gave him entrée.
- Gray was happy to play rainmaker among his fellow Internet entrepreneurs; some of them were his customers, and city officials referred others.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most of them don't seem to be in it - at least in any immediate sense - for the purposes of future rainmaking.
- In the context of private practice, many of the potential objective measures, like rainmaking or trial experience, would work against women, due in part to other forms of discrimination and stereotyping.
- Much of their folklore dwells on drought, fire, famine, and rainmaking.
Más definiciones de rainmakerDefinición de rainmaker en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional