Definición de rainmaker en inglés:
1A person who attempts to cause rain to fall, either by rituals or by a scientific technique such as seeding clouds with crystals.
- There's not all that much to love about rainy days unless you're a droughty farmer or rainmaker, but we're neither, yet we love rainy days and get lots of them.
- The region was in the grip of a fearful drought and since news of my recent success as a rainmaker had reached them, they wanted me to go there and perform my magical rain dance.
- I suggest they position a Sioux rainmaker at every track to ensure a good downpour during the race.
2North American informal A person who generates income for a business or organization by brokering deals or attracting clients or funds.
- Other investment banks are also rearranging themselves so that a new breed of rainmaker can emerge in the City.
- As a senior partner and co-chairman at Goldman Sachs, he was a campaign finance rainmaker, and that gave him entrée.
- Gray was happy to play rainmaker among his fellow Internet entrepreneurs; some of them were his customers, and city officials referred others.
- Example sentences
- Most of them don't seem to be in it - at least in any immediate sense - for the purposes of future rainmaking.
- In the context of private practice, many of the potential objective measures, like rainmaking or trial experience, would work against women, due in part to other forms of discrimination and stereotyping.
- Much of their folklore dwells on drought, fire, famine, and rainmaking.
Definición de rainmaker en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan