adjetivo (rainier, rainiest)
(Of weather, a period of time, or an area) having a great deal of rainfall: a rainy afternoon
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm in Houston and we got our first bit of cold, rainy winter weather this week.
- What better way to spend a rainy holiday summer afternoon in Salcombe or Lowestoft?
- The rainy weather definitely seems to have moved on as it is sunny this morning.
a rainy day
- Used in reference to a possible time in the future when something, especially money, will be needed: invest and save for a rainy dayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Where it is expensive, consider saving that extra money to protect against a rainy day.
- ISAs are probably the best way for us to save money for a rainy day, build up a nest egg and save for the long term.
- We all know that we should have some money put away for a rainy day.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Actually, the rumours of Seattle raininess have been highly exaggerated.
Palabras que riman con rainyBahraini, brainy, Chaney, Eugénie, grainy, Janey, Khomeini, veiny, waney, zany
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda