- 1(Of writing or speech) lengthy and confused or inconsequential.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's tough reading through rambling speeches, but he has some worthy food for thought.
- Though he wasn't trying to delay congressional action, his rambling speech had that effect.
- King himself made what some present described as a rambling speech.
- 2(Of a plant) putting out long shoots and growing over walls or other plants; climbing: rambling rosesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Deter intruders and enchant your neighbours with rambling roses on walls or fences.
- Prune rambling roses by cutting down to ground level growths that have flowered this year.
- In the distance you can see a number of rambling, overgrown hawthorns with a tree growing through them.
- 2.1(Of a building or path) spreading or winding irregularly in various directions: a big old rambling houseMás ejemplos en oraciones
winding, twisting, twisty, tortuous, labyrinthine; sprawling
- After the war the rambling building was turned into an hotel by the Ferruccio family.
- Over the course of his life he built this great series of vast rambling palaces, one after the other.
- The previous campus home for the arts program was a series of rambling barns.