Definición de rarefaction en inglés:
1Diminution in the density of something, especially air or a gas.
- We hear nothing more of ‘separating out’ or even of rarefaction and condensation.
- Anaximenes' notion of successive change of matter by rarefaction and condensation was influential in later theories.
- Sound is a wave of compression and rarefaction in air.
1.1 Medicine The lessening of density of tissue, especially of nervous tissue or bone.
- Due to the relatively advanced age of the patients included in our study, marked rarefaction of the spongy bone tissue was present, but signs of metabolic bone disease, that is, osteomalacia, were not found in any of the cases.
- Loss of pain sensation together with possible rarefaction of the bones of the neuropathic foot can have serious consequences.
- Numerous platelets appeared in the lumen, some of which showed signs of degeneration with swelling and rarefaction.
early 17th century: from medieval Latin rarefactio(n-), from the verb rarefacere 'grow thin, become rare'.
Definición de rarefaction en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan