Definición de reactionary en inglés:
(Of a person or a set of views) opposing political or social liberalization or reform.
- It is a highly political ruling with reactionary consequences for both asylum-seekers and democratic rights as a whole.
- To make matters even worse, a Democratic president, Buchanan, gave his political support to these reactionary efforts.
- In a professional army, the extent of deeply reactionary political sentiment is far greater.
sustantivo (plural reactionaries)Volver al principio
A reactionary person.
- The lesson of the story was that from a long-term point of view, all reactionaries are paper tigers.
- He is an opportunist and a power hungry reactionary, I don't even see him ‘liberalising’ the economy.
- No mere reactionary, Schwartz was also interested in and informed about contemporary art that might look very different from his own.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan