Más definiciones de ReadingDefinición de Reading en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
- 1The action or skill of reading written or printed matter silently or aloud: suggestions for further reading the reading of a will [as modifier]: reading skills a cursory reading of the minutesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- More than just reading skills are impaired, you can count on it.
- A country of ten-year-olds should concentrate on their reading and comprehension skills.
- His reading and writing skills have also dramatically changed.
- 1.1Written or printed matter that can be read: his main reading was detective stories his file certainly makes interesting readingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These biographies make fascinating reading filled with personal memories.
- Your CV on the Department of Education's website makes for fascinating reading.
- Also on that page is some fascinating reading about how earthquakes prove that the Earth is hollow.
- 1.2 [usually with adjective] Knowledge of literature: a man of wide readingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet it is no surprise that the man who emerges in these pages should be so broadly intelligent, with a wide reading and knowledge of the arts.
- These are the fruit of her intense and wide reading in primary literature.
- It is my firm belief, based on experience and fairly wide reading, that they are wrong.
- 1.3An occasion at which poetry or other pieces of literature are read aloud to an audience.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She was an accomplished reader of her own verse, and found a new young audience at the poetry readings which flourished in the 1960s.
- Hence, perhaps, her later insistence on singing to the captive audiences at her poetry readings.
- They also gained wider audiences through public readings in both poetry and prose.
- 1.4A piece of literature or passage of scripture read aloud to a group of people: readings from the BibleMás ejemplos en oraciones
passage, lesson; section, piece; recital, recitation
- The combined choirs will sing the traditional carols of the Christmas season and in addition there will be readings from Sacred Scripture.
- There are many ways, but today let's focus on two, both of which are related to the Scripture readings we will hear at Mass.
- Each service includes short scripture readings, petitions regarding mourning, suggestions for reflection, and room for journaling.
- 2An interpretation: feminist readings of Goethe his reading of the situation was justifiedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It won't be a perfect fit, any more than modern feminist readings of the Bible are a perfect fit, but it will do for the time being.
- McLeish believes it is the combination of strength, skill and also his reading of the game which makes him so difficult to play against.
- He isn't as fast as Cole, but has tremendous skill and reading of the game.
- 3A figure or amount shown by a meter or other measuring instrument: radiation readings were taken every hourMás ejemplos en oraciones
record, figure, indication, measurement
- To reduce measurement error, this instrument takes three readings and computes an average.
- If there is a large discrepancy between the water meter readings and the amount of water shown on the bill, a specialist is sent to investigate the problem.
- Even frequent meter readings provided information about energy use after the fact, not allowing actions to be taken to reduce energy use or energy demand.
- 4A stage of debate in a parliament through which a bill must pass before it can become law: the bill returns to the House for its final reading next weekMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This bill still awaits the final reading and approval by Parliament.
- Parliament approved their final reading on April 3 after much controversy.
- It must pass two more readings in coming weeks before it is final.