Definición de realism en inglés:
- What we want is the ability to recognise the difference between situations that call for optimism, trying harder, and the situations that call for realism and pessimism.
- Mr Rogers hopes this development may bring a greater sense of realism to a situation which ‘has been as cracked as a dropping pot for at least a decade now’.
- This article is completely atypical in its brutal realism about the situation in Saudi Arabia.
- On my second reading of it the ideas are much clearer, and I find myself increasingly amazed at the uniqueness and political realism of the Marxist worldview and analysis.
- In the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th, Europe advocated realism and practiced power politics.
- To recognize that war is inevitable is not pessimism, but political realism.
- The more you look for details, cues and fakes, the more you add to the realism of the situation.
- And it gives that movie a certain essence, a certain kind of realism.
- If we return to the gunshot analogy, we realize why creating sound effects is a perfectly legitimate practice in maintaining realism.
- Within the context of art, say of realism versus expressionism, you can have a realistic body or an expressionistic body.
- These discoveries about the earliest form of genre painting in Italy open up the topic of realism in the seicento to further scrutiny.
- It belongs rather to that tradition of artistic realism that stakes its claim to truth on calculated departures from familiar modes of seeing and knowing.
While realism in art is often used in the same contexts as naturalism, implying a concern to depict or describe accurately and objectively, it also suggests a deliberate rejection of conventionally beautiful or appropriate subjects in favor of sincerity and a focus on simple and unidealized treatment of contemporary life. Specifically, the term is applied to a late 19th-century movement in French painting and literature represented by Gustave Courbet in the former and Balzac, Stendhal, and Flaubert in the latter
- There's little indication of the available range of ethical theories, from crude emotivism to Platonic realism, from McDowellian objectivism to virtue theory.
- The position of entity realism is that at least some of the cognitive objects discussed in scientific theories do exist.
- I must confess that I have always found the concept of symbolic realism to be somewhat disconcerting.
- Abelard defends his thesis that universals are nothing but words by arguing that ontological realism about universals is incoherent.
- Many contemporary philosophers see the ultimate triumph of atomism as a victory for realism over positivism.
- Peirce's realism attempted to embrace both the constructions of the mind and the mind's interface with reality through perception.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The characters are hard-bitten realists of course, they aren't to be trifled with; but we are so cynical now that even that can be mocked.
- Those experiments were not Christian in nature, for Christians are realists, not utopians.
- It is fashionable in some circles to invoke the United Nations as the touchstone of moral authority, but realists know better.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.