sustantivo• archaic , • literary , or Law
- 1A kingdom: the peers of the realm the defense of the realmMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The latter term would be reserved for actions relating to the armed forces and the defence of the realm.
- The defence of the realm, which is the Crown's first duty, is the paradigm of so grave a matter.
- The only avenue for a Norman legal order, common to the realm, was through a loyal judiciary.
- 1.1A field or domain of activity or interest: the realm of applied chemistryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To use them to catch foxes is something that is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility,’ he said.
- Therefore, do not consider even bothering to try asking for any help as it is completely beyond the realms of possibility that you will be able to find a helpful face in the entire store.
- Yes councillor, it is not beyond the realms of possibility for councillors, highways, and bus company management to sort out some solution.
- 1.2 Zoology A primary biogeographical division of the earth’s surface.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The gyre we planned to survey is one of the largest ocean realms on Earth, and one of five major subtropical gyres on the planet.
- The species are representative of both the Midcontinent and Atlantic faunal realms, but dominantly the former.
- The Ordovician faunas described herein represent both the Midcontinent and Atlantic faunal realms.
Middle English rewme, from Old French reaume, from Latin regimen 'government' (see regimen). The spelling with -l- (standard from circa1600) was influenced by Old French reiel 'royal'.