Definición de rebut en inglés:
verbo (rebuts, rebutting, rebutted)[with object]
1Claim or prove that (evidence or an accusation) is false: he had to rebut charges of acting for the convenience of his political friends
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Nationalists will now be able to claim independent authority when next they seek to rebut Labour's accusation that ‘divorce is an expensive business’.
- A lot of time is spent on rebutting accusations and counter-accusations at the expense of development.
- One, a lawyer, makes detailed submissions rebutting the prosecution evidence.
2 archaic Drive back or repel (a person or attack).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Had Cleveland's message come sooner, perhaps his supporters might have had enough time to rebut the onslaught of attacks.
- This process took several minutes, though he managed to keep his darker half in check at all times, rebutting him at every strike.
- Thus, on his account, my ‘zealous effort’ to rebut the authors I discuss harms the cause of peace.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There was a presumption for life, but the presumption is rebuttable.
- If you regard a presumption as rebuttable, you are NOT following it dogmatically!
- However, if the transfer is to a child… there is a rebuttable presumption of advancement or gift instead.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda