- The coroner of the Isle of Wight credits enthusiasts with metal detecters for ‘expanding our knowledge and changing it out of all recognition.’
- Many of the bodies have been burned beyond recognition, and few have so far been identified.
- At the same time our knowledge of biochemistry has grown out of all recognition.
- The Indian people of Mexico are on the verge of gaining recognition of their existence and having their rights become a political fact in the constitutional and social reality of Mexico.
- There are now some two to three million people in the world seeking some form of constitutional recognition of their existence, as a group, and some form of self-government.
- Neither was there official recognition of the existence of an accounting profession.
- She was acclaimed in the New Year's Honours List in recognition of her continued services to the tourism industry in York and Yorkshire.
- At a ceremony to be held in the Sligo Park Hotel next September a group of local players are to be honoured by Rovers in recognition of their services to the club.
- Mandelbrot has received numerous honours and prizes in recognition of his remarkable achievements.
- In 1992 the country became a sovereign state as a direct result of recognition by member states of the European Union and the United States.
- The lack of formal recognition for Taiwan acts as an intolerable barrier to their international trading and commercial relations.
- The US recognised Beijing as the legitimate government of the whole of China and ended its formal recognition of Taiwan.
Late 15th century (denoting the acknowledgment of a service): from Latin recognitio(n-), from the verb recognoscere 'know again, recall to mind' (see recognize).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: rec·og·ni·tion
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.