- (Chiefly of a plant or animal species) colonize (a region or habitat) again.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This week he looks at the aftermath of the Ice Age, which saw the land recolonised by flora and fauna.
- Beavers can rapidly colonize excellent habitat or recolonize habitat where beavers have been removed.
- It was subsequently recolonized by animals and plants in an evolutionary process that has been watched quite carefully.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Participants allow the recolonization of the gray wolf on their private lands and will not use lethal controls on coyotes, wolves and other predators.
- These facts suggest that the availability of nesting sites and food are not limiting factors to raven recolonization of the region.
- Ecological theory predicts that isolated habitat patches will experience greater rates of species loss and lower rates of recolonization compared to less isolated habitats.
Más definiciones de recolonizeDefinición de recolonize en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional