(Chiefly of a plant or animal species) colonize (a region or habitat) again.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This week he looks at the aftermath of the Ice Age, which saw the land recolonised by flora and fauna.
- Beavers can rapidly colonize excellent habitat or recolonize habitat where beavers have been removed.
- It was subsequently recolonized by animals and plants in an evolutionary process that has been watched quite carefully.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Participants allow the recolonization of the gray wolf on their private lands and will not use lethal controls on coyotes, wolves and other predators.
- These facts suggest that the availability of nesting sites and food are not limiting factors to raven recolonization of the region.
- Ecological theory predicts that isolated habitat patches will experience greater rates of species loss and lower rates of recolonization compared to less isolated habitats.
Definición de recolonize en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional