- 1Military observation of a region to locate an enemy or ascertain strategic features: an excellent aircraft for low-level reconnaissance after a reconnaissance our forces took the island [as modifier]: reconnaissance missionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Ark Royal launched many reconnaissances for gun positions and mines from March 13-17.
- For the most part it was considered that air forces would be used primarily for scouting and reconnaissance missions, both overland and at sea.
- It will predominantly feature surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft.
- 1.1Preliminary surveying or research: conducting client reconnaissanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When we arrived, Mason was still asleep, so I left the rest of the team in the car to conduct a bit of reconnaissance.
- I did carry out a detailed reconnaissance but must have missed the signs suggesting this was a private road.
- Thus, they may be carrying out reconnaissance of areas for future breeding or staging sites.
early 19th century: from French, from reconnaître 'recognize' (see reconnoiter).