- Make a military observation of (a region): they reconnoitered the beach some weeks before the landing [no object]: the raiders were reconnoitering for further attacksMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This results in wasted effort as infantry battalion scouts conduct time-consuming reconnaissance of areas and routes already reconnoitered by recce troops.
- March 25th, 1945 saw members reconnoitering the beaches at the southwest tip of Tokashika Shima, a dangerous job as the landing beach was in a cove surrounded by easily defensible high ground.
- Early in the war Allied planners realized the value of scouts for reconnoitering enemy-held beaches.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- An act of reconnoitering: a nocturnal reconnoiter of the campMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He foisted the box of worthless gadgets back onto Katie then did a quick reconnoitre of their current position.
- From their reconnoitres of the base, they knew that meant the coast was clear.
- Once he declared the aircraft safe, I completed a final reconnoitre of the site to 50m out from the wreckage.
early 18th century: from obsolete French reconnoître, from Latin recognoscere 'know again' (see recognize).