- I just had to keep recounting and reliving the experience.
- I can only guess why he chose not to recount what he experienced and witnessed in those years.
- The extracts below from her report recount the problems she experienced in getting information for her inquiry.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Tom ended his recount of the events leading up to the murder there but promised that more on the saga would be revealed on February 4 at the Boys' School.
- Here is a recount of my experience with someone with that attitude.
- In the past, there has been poetry, short stories, recounts of an event, etc.
count from Middle English:
The verb to count is from Latin computare ‘to calculate’, the root also of computer, account (Middle English), and recount (Late Middle English) ‘tell’ (which can also be used for both ‘narrate’ and ‘count’). Counters (Middle English) were originally used to help in counting; in the late 17th century the word came to be used for a surface across which goods were exchanged for money. The title of the count or foreign nobleman, corresponding to the English earl, is a completely different word, which was introduced by the Normans and comes from Latin comes ‘companion, overseer, attendant’. County (Middle English) is from the same root, and seems originally to have referred to the lands or territory of a count, or to a meeting held to discuss the business of the county. See also chicken, duke
- He then proceeded to count and recount the hundreds of dollars he had with him, on a nearby desk, in full view of everybody.
- At one stage we tried counting how many stars there were, but it got too confusing as we counted and recounted a dot or two.
- Half an hour later, the judge recounted the scores and declared Budd the winner.
- A manual recount of the votes cast in the November 7 election is currently going on at the county's Emergency Operations Center in Plantation, Florida.
- It further asserted that he would have won by 225 votes if recounts had been completed in the four Florida counties where Gore was seeking them.
- Counts and recounts of Friday's votes were continuing in three constituencies last night, with just a handful of the 166 seats still to be decided.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.