sustantivo (plural recti /-tī/)Anatomy
- 1Any of several straight structures, in particular.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Leading from the seminiferous tubules are the tubuli recti or straight tubules lined only with columnar cells apparently derived from Sertoli cells.
- The rectus femoris runs straight down the front of your thigh and, ideally, should protrude farther than any of your other quad muscles.
- It may also be represented by a single muscle bundle between the lateral and superior recti.
- 1.1 (also rectus abdominis /abˈdämənis/) Each of a pair of long flat muscles at the front of the abdomen, joining the sternum to the pubis and acting to bend the whole body forward or sideways.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During expiration, contraction of the rectus abdominis and transversus abdominis muscles draw the pubic plates dorsally, decreasing abdominal volume.
- The most superficial ab muscle, the rectus abdominis, runs from the top of your pubic bone to the sternum.
- The abdominal muscle responsible for the ‘six-pack’ look is the rectus abdominis.
- 1.2Any of a number of muscles controlling the movement of the eyeball.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Geoff hooked a needle through the rectus, the gossamer-thin muscle that controls eye movement, then immobilized it with a suture.
- Congenital orbital adherens syndrome was suspected, and MRI of orbits revealed retraction of the right eyeball with shortening of the right medial rectus and left deviation of the nasal septum.
- Editor Ahmed and Ali wondered whether it is the oblique eye muscles or the superior or inferior recti that adduct the eye.
early 18th century: from Latin, literally 'straight'.
Más definiciones de rectusDefinición de rectus en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional