Definición de regionalism en inglés:
1The theory or practice of regional rather than central systems of administration or economic, cultural, or political affiliation: a strong expression of regionalism
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In contrast to many other Latin American nations, Chile has not experienced the emergence of strong regionalism or conflicting regional cultural identities.
- The country is facing all the great issues of economic change, regionalism, and cultural and geographic diversity, while Americanization proceeds apace.
- A high level of religious practice often underlined regionalism and even nationalism.
2A linguistic feature peculiar to a particular region and not part of the standard language of a country.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The publication of French dictionaries and lexicons by Enlightenment scholars further eroded regionalisms.
- After recounting the history of some of the Victorian and in particular Queenscliff regionalisms he is researching for the Australian National Dictionary, Bruce Moore explains how dictionary-makers keep abreast of usage.
- In Britain, however, the most local dialects were associated with the groups at the lower end of the social hierarchy, while those at the top spoke RP, which showed no trace of regionalisms.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Political allegiances within the remainder of Algerian society are scattered among small groups of democrats, regionalists, and independents.
- The Yorkshireman, an outspoken Labour MP who represents Grimsby, had his passionately regionalist speech met with applause from those who attended the convention, the first of its kind in Yorkshire.
- The old leftist has become a dedicated regionalist.
Pronunciación: /ˈrēj(ə)n(ə)ləst/sustantivo& adjetivo
Definición de regionalism en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda