- 1A return to a former or less developed state.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Will regression afflict the developing countries as aging weakens the industrial world?
- The extent of the economic regression for many countries is astonishing, as is the pace of economic advancement for a small number of countries.
- It was murder for the sport and pleasure of the crowd - a regression to the moral sewer into which the Roman Empire fell in the era immediately preceding its collapse.
- 1.1A return to an earlier stage of life or a supposed previous life, especially through hypnosis or mental illness, or as a means of escaping present anxieties: [as modifier]: regression therapyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Many people have experimented with past life regression under hypnosis and claim to recall experiences from previous existences.
- Has anyone experienced past-life regression via hypnosis or other means?
- It seems likely that most so-called past life regressions induced through hypnosis are confabulations fed by cryptomnesia.
- 1.2A lessening of the severity of a disease or its symptoms: he seemed able to produce a regression in this diseaseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- So, they gave the credit of the natural regression of the disease to the bedrest on which everyone was placed.
- The remaining 130 patients had spontaneous regression of disease.
- In addition, later biopsies may show disease progression or regression.
- 2 Statistics A measure of the relation between the mean value of one variable (e.g., output) and corresponding values of other variables (e.g., time and cost).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We present the results of the linear regression analyses as relative risks and 95% confidence intervals.
- The dependent variables for the linear regression models are the percentages of expected corn and soybean production forward priced.
- Bivariate and multivariate logistic regression were the statistical analyses employed in this study.
Más definiciones de regressionDefinición de regression en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional