- 1A rule or directive made and maintained by an authority: planning regulationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We now have rules, regulations and laws against racism, and more people are taught not to be racist.
- Let's look at the basic rules and regulations governing scientific research.
- Nobility involved a way of life, not the exercise of a profession bound by rules and regulations.
- 1.1 [as modifier] In accordance with regulations; of the correct type: regulation army footwearMás ejemplos en oraciones
official, prescribed, set, fixed, mandatory, compulsory, obligatory, de rigueur
- Few schools had a special uniform for summer, so the girls remember having to go tramping in the heat in serge gym frocks and white blouses and regulation footwear.
- Bands that mature and develop in Canada are also able to receive government funding for their projects and are promoted by radio regulation standards set by law.
- Only about 50 of our homes have been brought up to regulation standard with new windows, heating and doors.
- 1.2 [as modifier] • informal Of a familiar or predictable type; formulaic; standardized: a regulation Western parodyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Inside, four men are standing in a line across the stage, legs the regulation three feet apart, demonstrating an Olympic standard formation headbang.
- Anwar apparently rediscovered religion after the untimely death of his young daughter and since then sports a regulation beard.
- The view in itself is so hedonistic and so filling that it often helps me forsake my regulation morning croissant.
- 2The action or process of regulating or being regulated: the regulation of financial marketsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But how should the process of regulation be managed?
- The drug is known to affect the thought process and mood regulation, and recent evidence suggested it could destroy nerve cells at certain doses.
- The instrumental reason, which is probably the most important to regulators, is that excluding citizens from the advisory process may hamper regulation.