- 1A person or thing that regulates something, in particular.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They called for urgent action to address the problems, including a referral to the forensic science regulator.
- We begin with two more California banks shut down by federal regulators.
- The Darby Mine has been cited 10 times in the last month by federal regulators.
- 1.1A person or body that supervises a particular industry or business activity.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And once federal regulators are involved, industry executives are much more likely to examine their own corporate behavior.
- The Public Accounts Committee is urging the industry regulator to carry out a new review into whether the market is anti-competitive.
- Fearing a public crisis of confidence in the industry, regulators were quick to move in.
- 1.2A device for controlling the rate of working of machinery or for controlling fluid flow, in particular a handle controlling the supply of steam to the cylinders of a steam engine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The supply of oxygen cylinders and regulators has been increased to support more than one patient in a single room should the need arise.
- Also you can install tap flow aerators or regulators to decrease the amount of water used when washing your hands or brushing your teeth.
- The company made regulators for gas cylinders.
- 1.3A device for adjusting the balance of a clock or watch in order to regulate its speed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An extremely accurate clock, called a regulator, is used to measure the time it occurs.
Más definiciones de regulatorDefinición de regulator en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional