- Before six months of age chicks continue to stay around the nest as their parents bring back food and regurgitate it for them.
- He's living off regurgitated food from his mother at the moment.
- Feeding events were easily identified by characteristic sounds, including persistent begging calls and adult bill clapping, but especially the clearly identifiable sound of a parent regurgitating food to the chick.
- The kids are encouraged to not just regurgitate information they find on the Internet, but instead process it and use it to help express their own ideas.
- There are a lot of people out there who will steer you in the wrong direction because they are just regurgitating old information that might have worked years ago.
- Mostly, they can regurgitate facts, theories - they can prepare for exams.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Most reports cannot hide the fact that they are mere regurgitations of numbers and figures, wholly lacking in analysis, original thought, or even an interesting writing style.
- The majority of talks actually attended were generally either surprisingly uneducated or straightforward regurgitations.
- All other ‘evidence’ is a regurgitation of his words.
This comes from medieval Latin regurgitare, formed from Latin re- ‘again, back’ and gurges ‘whirlpool’. It was first applied to fluids or gases to mean ‘gush, pour back again’. It was only in the mid 18th century that it came to mean vomit.
Palabras que riman con regurgitateingurgitate
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: re·gur·gi·tate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.