- Finally relenting to Mrs Perez's request, she said, ‘Alright, I'll do it now.’
- She saw the look in Adonea's eye soften, and she finally relented.
- One driver stubbornly resists letting his girlfriend into his cancer-stricken life but finally relents and lets her do the driving.
- One man who might catch the eye when the rain relents to allow the game to start is Dwayne Smith.
- The atmospheric storm of wind and rain relented in time for the start but Cork ran into another of Waterford's making.
- But qualifying did go ahead yesterday as the rain relented to a drizzle though the track was still soaked.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'dissolve, melt'): based on Latin re- 'back' + lentare 'to bend' (from lentus 'flexible').
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: re·lent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.