Definición de relish en inglés:
- And on his own steam, Jackson continues his good work with grace and relish.
- But it's done with such relish and infectious enthusiasm that it feels like a much lighter read.
- Cut to the next scene, and he is munching away with relish and delight.
- She understands the historic significance of the ship and at the same time her enthusiasm and relish for the opportunity were obvious.
- Being highly concentrated, Worcester sauce is employed mostly as a condiment or an ingredient rather than as a relish like the brown sauce which it superficially resembles.
- Current retail product categories include dried spice, dipping sauces, chutneys and relishes, and seasoning for white and red meats.
- Look for stuffed olives, relishes, pickled garlic, or flavored mustards.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- There is something within us, in our souls that enjoys it, even relishes it.
- The tail is fatty tissue, rich and palatable when cooked, and was greatly relished by early trappers and explorers.
- Should I relax on the beach, relishing every last moment of freedom?
- We do not relish the idea of going through another inquest, and no doubt neither does anyone else involved.
- He relished the idea of seeing envy on their faces.
- And I think he wanted to do it because he had spent a lot of time in period costume and relished the idea of a sci-fi movie.
Middle English: alteration of obsolete reles, from Old French, 'remainder', from relaisser 'to release'. The early noun sense was 'odor, taste', giving rise to 'appetizing flavor, piquant taste' (mid 17th century), and hence sense 2 of the noun (late 18th century).
The word relish is an alteration of obsolete reles which comes from Old French reles ‘remainder’. The early noun sense was ‘odour, taste’, something that is left behind. This gave rise in the mid 17th century to ‘appetizing flavour, piquant taste’, leading to its use as a term for ‘condiment’ in the late 18th century.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- To have outlived his boss must have been particularly relishable.
- Therefore this fruit has become even more tasteful, although its nectarean juice was already relishable for all, including liberated souls.
- The simple but relishable meal over, the morning was spent in talking, walking, and in reading.
Palabras que riman con relishembellish, hellish
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.