- In other words, although Parliament was repealing the Stamp Act, it retained its right to govern America.
- On February 7, 1865, newly-inaugurated governor Richard Oglesby signed the bill repealing the black laws.
- Congress repealed the bankruptcy act in 1803 before its scheduled expiration.
- Though many of the interest group representatives in favor of repeal indicated that the time for Glass-Steagall reform was urgent, legislators did not possess that same feeling of urgency.
- As most professionals now understand, the recently enacted estate tax repeal means that there is no estate tax repeal.
- We know that reasonable men and women with access to the same facts urged repeal of Prohibition, presumably because they weighted good and harm differently; in short, because they had different values.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- To prevent self-entrenching amendments, assume that the amendment will be repealable under currently-existing constitutional procedures and voting rules, even if it purports to change those procedures and rules.
- They insist, and profess to believe, that treaties like acts of assembly, should be repealable at pleasure.
Late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French repeler, from Old French re- (expressing reversal) + apeler 'to call, appeal'.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: re·peal
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.