1The practice or advocacy of representational art.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- George Maciunas has emphasized the importance of their work, expounding a theory against representationalism in art, semiotics, illusionism, and abstraction.
- The earliest representation of the Buddha in the exhibition is a breathtakingly beautiful import from Gandhara with its echo of Hellenistic representationalism.
- As an artist who gained prominence in the turbulent and exciting 1960s, he was instrumental in the transition from abstract expressionism toward a return to the object and representationalism.
2 Philosophy another term for representationism.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In ‘Bergson's Conception of Difference,’ Deleuze unfolds Bergson's potential as a critic of representationalism, reconcilable with Nietzsche and as an alternative to Heidegger.
- As emphasized above, Berkeley's campaign against matter, as he presents it in the Principles, is directed against materialist representationalism and presupposes representationalism.
- It combines elements of both representationalism and higher-order theory but does so in a way that varies interestingly from the more standard versions of either.
representationalist adjetivo& sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unlike many other representationalists of the '90s, the artist relies for inspiration not on photos of the site but on her memories of a place.
- It should be clear that Husserl's critique of representationalist views of perception which we examined earlier bars this particular route to idealism.
- Early representationalists combined a psychological claim about the mental particulars that mediate our perceptions with an epistemological claim to the effect that only mental things can be perceived.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: rep·re·sen·ta·tion·al·ism
Definición de representationalism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda