Definición de representationalism en inglés:
1The practice or advocacy of representational art.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- George Maciunas has emphasized the importance of their work, expounding a theory against representationalism in art, semiotics, illusionism, and abstraction.
- The earliest representation of the Buddha in the exhibition is a breathtakingly beautiful import from Gandhara with its echo of Hellenistic representationalism.
- As an artist who gained prominence in the turbulent and exciting 1960s, he was instrumental in the transition from abstract expressionism toward a return to the object and representationalism.
2 Philosophy another term for representationism.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In ‘Bergson's Conception of Difference,’ Deleuze unfolds Bergson's potential as a critic of representationalism, reconcilable with Nietzsche and as an alternative to Heidegger.
- As emphasized above, Berkeley's campaign against matter, as he presents it in the Principles, is directed against materialist representationalism and presupposes representationalism.
- It combines elements of both representationalism and higher-order theory but does so in a way that varies interestingly from the more standard versions of either.
representationalist adjetivo& sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Unlike many other representationalists of the '90s, the artist relies for inspiration not on photos of the site but on her memories of a place.
- It should be clear that Husserl's critique of representationalist views of perception which we examined earlier bars this particular route to idealism.
- Early representationalists combined a psychological claim about the mental particulars that mediate our perceptions with an epistemological claim to the effect that only mental things can be perceived.
Definición de representationalism en:
- Diccionario Inglés británico e internacional
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia