Definición de repugnance en inglés:
1Intense disgust: our growing repugnance at the bleeding carcasses
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Discrimination need have nothing to do with hatred or repugnance toward those against whom it is applied.
- Though he was positively influenced by the role of the State in France and Germany, he sometimes expressed his repugnance at what he found to be an excess of State intervention in these countries.
- Ellis boldly probes - and speculates about - such matters as Washington's formative experiences, romantic life, sources of wealth, and evolving repugnance toward slavery.
2 (also repugnancy) Inconsistency or incompatibility of ideas or statements.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- With such strong economic and social forces in play, any argument that simply appeals to the repugnancy of eating our closest cousins is bound to be dismissed as ethnocentrism.
- The hidden Wisdom tradition, particularly Job, also shows a strong repugnancy toward universally accessible Wisdom.
- But the repugnancy can be resolved by giving the word ‘passage’ in the new legislation a particular meaning which was given to it by the Full Court.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda