Revoke, cancel, or repeal (a law, order, or agreement): the government eventually rescinded the directive
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many a time a State refuses to honour a tribunal award or it rescinds its agreement.
- In addition to the changes you mention, a free labor market would require rescinding any laws that prohibit an employer from firing any worker at any time for any reason.
- Regional leaders responded by rescinding his order, and getting him fired from his job.
revoke, repeal, cancel, reverse, overturn, overrule, annul, nullify, void, invalidate, quash, abolish;
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Last season Dennis was told that he couldn't appeal against his red card because cards for violent conduct are not rescindable.
- A new procedure, the rescindable terminal contract, was introduced that could be nullified when the faculty member received grant support.
- Because details of a transfer are implemented between a rescindable capability and a goods description, rights to goods of any type can be transferred.
Mid 16th century: from Latin rescindere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + scindere 'to divide, split'.
Palabras que riman con rescinddownwind, Lind, prescind, Sind, upwind, wind
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: re·scind
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda