- They are there in case one day someone again wants to live in the house as a private residence and restore it to its original condition.
- Residence in Canadian cities is generally private rather than communal, dominated by private homes or residences.
- However, he and his wife built two of the grandest private residences in the country.
- It is not paid to ministers with an official residence in London.
- As Park View was considered inauspicious by many and it was dropped from the list of official residences of the Ministers.
- We, the contestants went to the prime minister's official residence to meet with him.
- Domicile combines the fact of residence with the intention of not moving in future.
- They will be eligible to permanent residence after living five years in South Korea.
- The issue of loss of residence was balanced by the fact that they would create at least 15 jobs through the venture.
- Living in or occupying a particular place: the guests in residence at the hotelMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The hotel says guest teas will stay in residence for a month and they say that subsequent delights will include Oolong Black Dragon and Jasmine Monkey King.
- The committee members heard that it would take at least two years to close the hospital and that some patients would remain in residence over the next 24 months.
- It used to be that if someone wanted to stay in residence for more than two years, they had to participate in the campus community.
- (—— in residence)1.1 A person with a particular occupation (especially an artist or writer) paid to work in a college or other institution.Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Trust now holds regular readings of Wordsworth's works, using actors, and employs writers and artists in residence to breathe life into the poet's legacy.
- In the same year he was writer in residence in Trinity College, Dublin.
- We have had an artist in residence, drama, dance and also held out-of-school activities.
take up residence
- Start living in a particular place.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Much of the first part of the novel details the adjustments and humiliations the family endures as they take up residence in the United States.
- Today the council wants to build a shopping mall next to the museum, and knock down Burton Croft - as soon as the squatters who recently took up residence there have been evicted.
- John took up residence in Paris and immersed himself in a French surrealism that was to determine the very nature of the New York school.
Late Middle English (denoting the fact of living in a place): from Old French, or from medieval Latin residentia, from Latin residere 'remain' (see reside).
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: res·i·dence
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.