Definición de resin en inglés:
1A sticky flammable organic substance, insoluble in water, exuded by some trees and other plants (notably fir and pine). Compare with gum1 (sense 1) of the noun).
- Rich red and green glaze paints, more usually the former, in both early Netherlandish and German School paintings were often found to contain a little resin, usually pine tree resin, in addition to heat-bodied oil.
- Their first step was to obtain resin from the pine trees which at that time grew in dense forests throughout Europe.
- The sticky extrusive mass that comes from a cut on a pine tree is resin.
1.1 (also synthetic resin) A solid or liquid synthetic organic polymer used as the basis of plastics, adhesives, varnishes, or other products.
- Polyurethanes are liquid plastic resins that dry to a durable satin or gloss finish.
- They consist of two components, a liquid resin and the hardener to convert the liquid resins to solid.
- Polymer binder resins protect the paper from humidity damage and help to fine-tune the stiffness and acoustic properties of the paper.
verbo (resins, resining, resined)[with object] (usually as adjective resined) Volver al principio
Rub or treat with resin: resined canvas
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It consists of a maple table covered with more than a dozen wire-framed globes of cream-colored resined paper, each different from the next.
- There will be some shiny drippy marks that look almost like varnish on the rough edges of the slab if the stone is resined.
- Some experts say that resined stones do not need to be sealed since the resin acts as a sealer.
- Example sentences
- The condensation reaction between phenol and formaldehyde, resulting in resinous products, had been known since 1870.
- Archeological evidence suggests that ancient Egyptians used resinous adhesives at least 6,000 years ago.
- The resinous juices from the seed casing of the opium poppy are the source of naturally occurring narcotics.
Words that rhyme with resinmuezzin
Definición de resin en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia