Pronunciación: /rēˈtāk, ˈrē- /(past retook; past participle retaken) [with object]
- 1.1Take (a test or examination) again after a failure or irregularity: Dan had to retake his driving testMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Student's tests are never repeated, therefore, they are prevented from retaking the same test items over and over again to improve their test scores.
- School finished, she had retaken her test, and then stomped out of the school.
- All of her teachers had sympathy on her, since she was their favorite student, they allowed her to retake tests and makeup missed work.
- 1.2Regain possession or control of: in 799, the Moors retook BarcelonaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1755 he served under Saunders in North America, in 1759 was at Quiberon Bay with Hawke, and in 1761, off Belle Île, retook the Warwick from the French in a fierce contest.
- Mirror was helping Geoff and Tara to construct a plan to retake the city.
- Gibraltar was besieged, in 1309, and retaken from the Moors by Alonzo de Guzman.
- 1.3Reshoot (a movie sequence or photograph) or rerecord (a piece of music).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Photographs were retaken with a digital camera and then imported into the iMovie programme.
- The message states that it is the Soldiers' responsibility to inform their unit commander if they reject the photo, and to make arrangements with the photo lab to have their photo retaken.
- To my dismay David had to retake most of my shots so I think I was practically the last model left.
Pronunciación: /ˈrēˌtāk /Volver al principio
- 1A thing that is retaken, especially a test or examination.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I'll ask your math teacher and try to arrange for a retake of the test.
- Students are examined at the end of every module, i.e. generally twice a year (often with retakes before the start of the new academic year).
- The students eventually did re-take the exam; once again they received excellent scores.
- 1.1An instance of filming a scene, taking a photograph, or recording a piece of music again.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He points out that there were no retakes on the Garbo-Gilbert love scene: ‘Gilbert's daughter said you can see these two terribly attractive people falling in love with each other on the screen before your very eyes.’
- They did not need to be funny, they did not need character development, and there was definitely no need for retakes, continuity, or logical plot.
- ‘Nothing was ever shot twice; there were no retakes or multiple camera angles,’ the filmmaker explains.
Más definiciones de retakeDefinición de retake en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional