Definición de retard en inglés:
Pronunciación: /riˈtärd/[with object]
Delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment: his progress was retarded by his limp
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said the slow pace at which the deal was being negotiated was retarding the development of the park, which he said had remained closed to tourists for sometime.
- Famously, Forster accused the educational systems of the time of retarding the emotional development of schoolboys.
- Restrictive legislation could retard the development of technology and slow the growth of electronic commerce.
Pronunciación: /ˈrēˌtärd/informal, offensive Volver al principio
A mentally handicapped person (often used as a general term of abuse).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I sat down on the table, feeling like a jerk and a retard for believing a pretty girl again.
- I immediately stopped smiling - yes, I was a retard to ever be smiling at this madman - and jerked my wrist away from his grasp, sprinting straight out the door and grabbed my heavy bag.
- Thrice fooled and I'm a complete retard, she thought to herself.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Also, since air retarders and vapor diffusion retarders serve different functions and have distinct characteristics, it may be more practical to install them as separate systems.
- The drivers are taught to use engine retarders instead of brakes, and if they have to use the brakes, to tap them lightly.
- Contractors are also encouraged to use evaporation retarders when weather conditions could cause excessive water evaporation from the slab.
Late 15th century: from French retarder, from Latin retardare, from re- 'back' + tardus 'slow'.
Palabras que riman con retardAssad, aubade, avant-garde, backyard, ballade, bard, Bernard, bombard, canard, card, charade, chard, couvade, croustade, Cunard, facade, glissade, guard, hard, ill-starred, interlard, lard, Montagnard, nard, pard, petard, pomade, promenade, regard, rodomontade, roulade, saccade, Sade, salade, sard, shard, unmarred, unscarred, yard
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda