Definición de retard en inglés:
Pronunciación: /riˈtärd/[with object]
Delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment: his progress was retarded by his limp
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said the slow pace at which the deal was being negotiated was retarding the development of the park, which he said had remained closed to tourists for sometime.
- Famously, Forster accused the educational systems of the time of retarding the emotional development of schoolboys.
- Restrictive legislation could retard the development of technology and slow the growth of electronic commerce.
Pronunciación: /ˈrēˌtärd/informal , offensive Volver al principio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Iodine deficiency is the most common preventable causes of mental retardation among the children and miscarriage among pregnant women.
- Sudden changes - from loud to soft, lento to presto, or vice versa - keep us on our toes, increasingly aware that the tempo is the message, that acceleration and retardation are the music of living.
- Tributyltin, for example, is a licensed marine antifoulant used in paints and extremely toxic to crustaceans where, even at low levels, it can cause structural growth changes and retardation.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Also, since air retarders and vapor diffusion retarders serve different functions and have distinct characteristics, it may be more practical to install them as separate systems.
- The drivers are taught to use engine retarders instead of brakes, and if they have to use the brakes, to tap them lightly.
- Contractors are also encouraged to use evaporation retarders when weather conditions could cause excessive water evaporation from the slab.
Palabras que riman con retardAssad, aubade, avant-garde, backyard, ballade, bard, Bernard, bombard, canard, card, charade, chard, couvade, croustade, Cunard, facade, glissade, guard, hard, ill-starred, interlard, lard, Montagnard, nard, pard, petard, pomade, promenade, regard, rodomontade, roulade, saccade, Sade, salade, sard, shard, unmarred, unscarred, yard
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán