Definición de retard en inglés:
Pronunciación: /riˈtärd /[with object]
Delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment: his progress was retarded by his limp
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He said the slow pace at which the deal was being negotiated was retarding the development of the park, which he said had remained closed to tourists for sometime.
- Famously, Forster accused the educational systems of the time of retarding the emotional development of schoolboys.
- Restrictive legislation could retard the development of technology and slow the growth of electronic commerce.
Pronunciación: /ˈrēˌtärd /informal , offensive Volver al principio
- Example sentences
- Iodine deficiency is the most common preventable causes of mental retardation among the children and miscarriage among pregnant women.
- Sudden changes - from loud to soft, lento to presto, or vice versa - keep us on our toes, increasingly aware that the tempo is the message, that acceleration and retardation are the music of living.
- Tributyltin, for example, is a licensed marine antifoulant used in paints and extremely toxic to crustaceans where, even at low levels, it can cause structural growth changes and retardation.
- Example sentences
- Also, since air retarders and vapor diffusion retarders serve different functions and have distinct characteristics, it may be more practical to install them as separate systems.
- The drivers are taught to use engine retarders instead of brakes, and if they have to use the brakes, to tap them lightly.
- Contractors are also encouraged to use evaporation retarders when weather conditions could cause excessive water evaporation from the slab.
- ( rare )Example sentences
- The lining not only forms a decorative finish to the hull but also acts as a very good fire retardment.
- It is shown that there is a direct relationship between spring retardment (Φ) and the neap to spring ratio.
Pronunciación: /ˌrēˌtärˈdāSHən, ri-/sustantivo
Words that rhyme with retardAssad, aubade, avant-garde, backyard, ballade, bard, Bernard, bombard, canard, card, charade, chard, couvade, croustade, Cunard, facade, glissade, guard, hard, ill-starred, interlard, lard, Montagnard, nard, pard, petard, pomade, promenade, regard, rodomontade, roulade, saccade, Sade, salade, sard, shard, unmarred, unscarred, yard
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan