Definición de retardant en inglés:
(Chiefly of a synthetic or treated fabric or substance) not readily susceptible to fire: fire-retardant polymers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most important use of bromine today is in making flame retardant materials.
- In a bid to prevent further arson attempts, the horse may be sprayed with a fire retardant substance.
- The wall should be protected by a flame retardant surface.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A fabric or substance that prevents or inhibits something, especially the outbreak of fire.
- According to Congressman Tom Udall, over 35 million gallons of cyanide containing fire retardants were dumped on fires in the West this summer alone.
- A traveller starts at the airport and boards the plane, with its full complement of fire retardants, stain resistants, and the other protective chemicals.
- For example, Colborn says, bisphenol A, a component of plastic that is also used as a fire retardant, causes female mice to reach puberty earlier than normal.
- Example sentences
- Other considerations include deposits of surface volatile impurities, fire retardancy, metal corrosion, odor, and traditional application issues, such as the ability of paint to adhere.
- ‘Essentially, it's suitable for any medical instrumentation application where flame retardancy, high impact resistance, formability, and cleanability are important design criteria,’ he says.
- Because the treatment is topical, it will wear out in time, and repeated cleanings will cause the flame retardancy to dissolve sooner.
Definición de retardant en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan