(Chiefly of a synthetic or treated fabric or substance) not readily susceptible to fire: fire-retardant polymers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most important use of bromine today is in making flame retardant materials.
- In a bid to prevent further arson attempts, the horse may be sprayed with a fire retardant substance.
- The wall should be protected by a flame retardant surface.
A fabric or substance that prevents or inhibits something, especially the outbreak of fire.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- According to Congressman Tom Udall, over 35 million gallons of cyanide containing fire retardants were dumped on fires in the West this summer alone.
- A traveller starts at the airport and boards the plane, with its full complement of fire retardants, stain resistants, and the other protective chemicals.
- For example, Colborn says, bisphenol A, a component of plastic that is also used as a fire retardant, causes female mice to reach puberty earlier than normal.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Other considerations include deposits of surface volatile impurities, fire retardancy, metal corrosion, odor, and traditional application issues, such as the ability of paint to adhere.
- ‘Essentially, it's suitable for any medical instrumentation application where flame retardancy, high impact resistance, formability, and cleanability are important design criteria,’ he says.
- Because the treatment is topical, it will wear out in time, and repeated cleanings will cause the flame retardancy to dissolve sooner.
Definición de retardant en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda