1Teach (someone) new skills, especially so that they can do a different job.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Workers praised efforts by Big Blue to retrain people and find them other jobs at the firm.
- He said that the company was retraining its staff and investing large sums in new technology to increase efficiency and levels of customer service.
- Larger companies have established their own programmes in order to retrain employees, as a result of the problems faced by the educational system and the speed with which ICT skills become outdated.
1.1 [no object] Learn new skills, especially so as to be able to do a different job: a workforce which is willing to retrain
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The chief engineer of Pickett (the slide rule company) was undoubtedly faced with retraining for a position in a different industry.
- By 1920, roughly 15 percent of the disabled veterans retraining in New York City were studying language arts or elementary social studies simultaneous with coursework in specific trades.
- At a time when most small companies are slow to hire, many existing staff are now being asked to ‘double job’, taking on additional responsibilities and retraining in new job areas.
Definición de retrain en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda